Wednesday 9 October 2024

CoDA Weekly Reading

 

God, Who Am I?

Since I've been to two CoDA meetings, I'm beginning to confirm my situation in life. On May 4, 2024, my two kids and I made a move to another city to live with my younger sister and her husband. At first, I was doing what I always do, which is cleaning, cooking, and sometimes babysitting.

I felt joy for three weeks, then my feelings surfaced, the ones I always hid. I thought to myself, what is going on? I was being the savior of my sister's marriage and trying to help her as always. I sided with her, I trusted her because with my mental health conditions, she would help me out. But God intervened and made their hearts cold, and I felt a deep pain that was completely unbearable. Tears flowed and I couldn't stop. I was always the savior since I was nine years old. The abandonment issues came forth and I knew that I needed to leave. My tears turned to a degree of anger that if I had said anything or tried to work it out, I would still feel no justice.

God through CoDA helped me realize that I'm not in control of others, I'm not a savior, trying to take his place and had not realized it till now. I heard a young woman say she felt estranged from her family. Now I know exactly what she meant. The only people I feel like I can just be me, and I feel a sense of power are the ones I know that I don't have to agree with or take advice from regarding my life. Yes, I will probably make some mistakes, but I know I'm resilient and have faith. When I feel alone, I remember my situation and most importantly God, who loves me unconditionally and is a prayer away.

Thank you for reading my story.

Lissette B. 08/17/2024

No comments:

Post a Comment