Thursday, 8 October 2026

The Real Reason I Write.

 


 

View this post on Instagram

 

I never planned to become an author.

When I started writing, I was not thinking about books, readers, or having my name on a book cover. I just had a lot of things in my mind, and I needed a way to let them out.

Sometimes I had thoughts that I could not explain to people around me. Sometimes I had emotions that I did not even understand myself. So I started writing them down.

In the beginning, writing was mostly about healing for me. I was interested in self-help, healing, emotions, and understanding myself. I wrote because I was also trying to understand what was happening inside me.

I did not consider myself someone who had all the answers. Actually, most of the time, I was still looking for my own answers.

Writing gave me a place where I could be honest.

I could write something without worrying about whether someone would judge me or misunderstand me. A blank page never asked me to explain myself.

Slowly, I started writing more. My thoughts became pages, and those pages slowly became stories and books.

But my writing also changed with me.

There was a time when I mostly wanted to write about healing and self-help. Today, I find myself writing love stories, mythology, and fantasy.

Some people may see that as a completely different direction. For me, it doesn’t feel that different.

I still write about emotions. I still write about people and the things they feel but sometimes cannot say. The difference is that now I explore those feelings through different kinds of stories.

When I write a love story, I can explore love, loneliness, attachment, hope, and heartbreak.

When I write mythology or fantasy, I can create another world and ask different questions. I can take an old idea, imagine it in my own way, and give it new characters and new emotions.

I think my genres changed because I changed.

And I am okay with that.

I don’t want to force myself to stay in one category just because that is where I started. Writing has always been a way for me to explore whatever is happening inside me at that time.

Maybe that is why I never really had a fixed plan for becoming an author.

I just kept writing.

One thing led to another. A thought became a page. A page became a story. A story became a book. And somewhere in between all of that, I realized that writing had become an important part of my life.

I still don’t think of myself as someone who has everything figured out.

I am still learning. My writing is still changing. My interests are still changing.

Maybe tomorrow I will discover another genre I want to write.

And maybe that is okay too.

Because I didn’t start writing to become an author.

I started writing because I needed somewhere for my thoughts to go.

And even after all these years, I think that is still the real reason I write.

~


X

Read 0 comments and reply

Top Contributors Latest

Aishu Choudhary  |  Contribution: 125

author: Dr. Lisha Antiqua

Image: miraalou/Instagram

Editor: Lisa Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment