Sunday 2 June 2024

NUGGETS OF WISDOM - 1168

 

  • ·       “It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn’t feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” ~ Neil Armstrong

    ·       “National boundaries are not evident when we view the Earth from space. Fanatical ethnic or religious or national chauvinisms are a little difficult to maintain when we see our planet as a fragile blue crescent fading to become an inconspicuous point of light against the bastion and citadel of the stars.” ~ Carl Sagan

    ·       “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

    ·       “For 200 years we’ve been conquering nature. Now we’re beating it to death.” ~ Tom McMillan

    ·       “It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment.” ~ Ansel Adams

    ·       “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news.” ~ John Muir


No comments:

Post a Comment