Saturday 8 June 2024

And So I Am. {Poem}

 


{*Did you know you can write on Elephant? Here’s how—big changes: How to Write & Make Money or at least Be of Benefit on Elephant. ~ Waylon}

~

Quiet showed up and asked me what was wrong. 

I don’t know, I whispered. I don’t know. 

Faith asked me to join her for tea. She said all I had to do was believe. I told her believing isn’t enough. 

Healing requested a meeting. She said it was high time I chased away the demons for good. Please don’t take them to your grave she said.

Simplicity helped me sort through the important things.

Purpose played hide and seek. She is a gamer, that one.

Loneliness wanted special recognition. She wanted to be seen and heard and felt. She made herself known.

Patience told me to stop. Be quiet. Enough is enough already. Be still. Let it be. Patience reminded me to practice.

My inner child was distracted. She wanted to do everything except the work. She wanted instant gratification and validation and a reward system. She wanted lots of things for nothing. 

Youth used to tell me there was time. She said I had time, time was on my side, time is my friend, but she was wrong. Time keeps on ticking ticking ticking…into the future. And there is never enough. Time is lost exponentially. Steve Miller warned us.

Reckless said there would be no consequences. Reckless was mistaken. Reckless doesn’t like to be told what to do.

Discipline implored me to forget about the goal. Leave the goal alone, she said. Do it without the goal, she said.

Kindness asks a lot from me, as she always does because she’s a pusher, that one.

Quiet showed up and introduced me to Stillness. She wanted us to please be friends.

And so I will.

And so I am.

~


X

This account does not have permission to comment on Elephant Journal.
Contact support with questions.

TOP CONTRIBUTORS LATEST

Kimberly Valzania  |  Contribution: 147,460

AUTHOR: KIMBERLY VALZANIA

IMAGE: XAVIER MOUTON PHOTOGRAPHIE/UNSPLASH

EDITOR: LISA ERICKSON

No comments:

Post a Comment