Sunday 9 June 2024

When I am my own Best Friend.

 


 

View this post on Instagram

{*Did you know you can write on Elephant? Here’s how—big changes: How to Write & Make Money or at least Be of Benefit on Elephant. ~ Waylon}
~

When I am my own best friend…

There are no bad hair days. The curls of my bed head fall just so. My outfits get a twirl in the mirror and a wink of appreciation for my personal expression of style.

“Girl! Come on! I am so Ah-May-Zing!” I say to myself.

I laugh at my jokes and witty humor. “That’s so silly! I love it!” I guffaw.

I create joy like a little fairy flitting over her precious garden. Just like Miley, I buy myself some flowers. I put them in my favorite vase made by one of my favorite friends.

There is no one more kind and understanding than myself when I forget something at home and have to turn back to retrieve it. People as awesome as me forget things sometimes.

I witness my generosity and kindness to others and am beaming with pride for my big heart. The hope l feel for the world and her people is a marvel. “We are all connected and can do this together!” I exclaim.

I inspire myself with creative ideas, “I mean, “Wow, who thinks of this stuff?” I ask, and then flash my killer smile and flip my luscious hair. “I do!”

I am proud of my work ethic and integrity. My sharp mind can navigate vexing business challenges with the effortless skill and grace of a karate master. I only do for others when I can—not when I should. I make sure my needs are met and forgo sacrifice and obligation, only helping with the fullest heart.

I have one glass of wine when dinner calls for it, not two. My body knows that in my 55th year, a second glass brings a headache. After long days when I’m weary, I pass on fast-prepared food and cook a simple meal. Ah, just what this gorgeous, curvy body deserves.

I respect myself and don’t second-guess my decisions. I look at my choices and want only the best for myself. I inquire, “Does this fill my cup? Is this what my heart wants?” Life’s too short not to listen to my sage advice.

My best friend skills are in the same league as Samwise Gamgee from the Shire; Russell, the best Junior Wilderness Explorer ever; Judy, Violet, and Doralee (aka Jane, Lily, and Dolly); and my dog Chester all wrapped into one human form that is me, myself, and I.

Aren’t we all fantastic?

In the evening, I set out for a stroll to visit my friend, Water. She calms my senses with the rhythmic sound of her waves washing ashore. On the way home, I opt for the path through the forest to see my friend, Tree. These friends feed my soul. I tell them how grateful I am to have them in my life.

Friends should know how much you love them, so I tell myself the same: I love my best friend.

~


X

This account does not have permission to comment on Elephant Journal.
Contact support with questions.

TOP CONTRIBUTORS LATEST

Ellen Mcginnis  |  Contribution: 5,720

AUTHOR: ELLEN MCGINNIS

IMAGE: AUTHOR'S OWN

EDITOR: NICOLE CAMERON

No comments:

Post a Comment