Facing My Fears
It all started growing up with an alcoholic mother and a father who left when I was 12 years old for another woman. I was left taking care of a mom who was emotionally abusive and I basically raised myself. The pain of abandonment was unbearable other times I just tried to survive. Eventually the alcohol took my mother’s life. I was 28 years old. It was just another abandonment in my life. I felt that I could just not take any more pain.
Fast forward to my adult life. I entered into a physically abusive relationship and then eventually ended up marrying an emotionally unavailable man who ended up leaving me for another woman after 20 years. It was this abandonment that finally led me to realize I was a codependent and to CoDA. I needed help so my daughter would not end up like me.
Recovery is a lifetime process and I am committed to healing myself. I am now 50 years old and thank God and my higher power for the strength to face my fears and begin my life again. I am strong, I am capable of being loved and I will eventually find inner peace
Stacey B.
2020
No comments:
Post a Comment