Monday 16 September 2024

What you didn’t know about James Earl Jones.

 




Two comments: ⁠

“I posted this comment a while back, but it seems fitting to post it again:⁠

Twenty five-ish years ago, JEJ did a performance at my university and afterward answered questions from the audience. There were many great moments (like when he walked out on stage and immediately boomed, “Luke, I am your father” and stood there laughing as the crowd went wild).⁠

But the best moment was when a young boy (maybe 10 or 11) asked if it was true that he stuttered when he was young and what did he do when other kids picked on him for it. JEJ asked if people picked on him and the little guy just nodded, so he asked the kid to come sit on the edge of the stage with him. At that point, the rest of us basically eavesdropped on their conversation, in which JEJ gave him advice about both overcoming his stutter and dealing with bullies. It was a very touching moment. He was a pretty awesome guy.”⁠
~⁠
“I’ll miss him. For me, it was more than the movies, it was his struggle with stuttering. As a young kid who also struggled with stuttering, he was always an inspiration to me. Now, I’ve got an excellent speaking voice, or at least that’s what people tell me.” to me. Now, I’ve got an excellent speaking voice, or at least that’s what people tell me.”


X

This account does not have permission to comment on Elephant Journal.
Contact support with questions.

Top Contributors Latest

Waylon Lewis  |  Contribution: 1,626,200

No comments:

Post a Comment