Wednesday 30 November 2016

Empowering Your Body Through Thoughts (WD)

In honor of his memory, Wayne’s Hay House family will continue to share his advice and wisdom in this weekly newsletter, bringing you excerpts pulled directly from Wayne’s published works.

I have long been intrigued by the power of our thoughts. The mind-body connection is a fascinating area of inquiry, particularly in the field of applied kinesiology. On many, many occasions I have brought people up onstage to demonstrate how muscle testing can reveal which of our thoughts are serving to strengthen us, and which are making our muscles go weak. 

I would ask a volunteer to deliberately tell me a lie, such as to falsely say that her name was Mary Jones and then swear to it; as I muscle tested her, the lie would always make her arm go weak. Then she would give me her real name, and much to her astonishment, the same arm would remain firm and I would be unable to push it down. I then began to have volunteers think of a moment when they felt shame, and without revealing the details, simply stay in the feeling of being ashamed. Without fail, in one hundred percent of the times I used this demonstration before thousands of people, every thought of a negative emotion – such as shame, fear, worry, sadness, or rage – revealed the same reaction when I pushed down on their arm. They would always go weak simply because of the thoughts they were selecting at the moment. 

Our body’s basic health is impacted on a continuing basis by how we choose to utilize this amazing human attribute called our mind. On one occasion, my son Sands was listening to some loud music with violent and profane language blaring out over the speakers in the house. I asked him to remove the CD and bring it to me. I then did a muscle test by having him first hold an organic apple over his heart, and I was unable to even budge his strong extended arm. Then I had him replace the apple with the CD containing the offensive language, and he immediately went weak. He was in shock. 

Many family evenings were spent in fun and enlightenment with my children on how our thoughts impact every muscle in our bodies. It was part of my effort to have all of them learn to change, on the spot, any thoughts that might have a deleterious effect on their bodies. ‘Your heart,’ I would tell them, ‘is one huge muscle, and it is seriously impacted by any thoughts that are unhealthy for your own well-being.’ 

When they would ask me how a thought that was a lie could possibly make their muscles go weak, I would remind them that their bodies came from a source of perfect love, which is Divine truth. When they would abandon that truth, which is their very source of being, by telling a lie, they would put their bodies into a weakened posture, a place that is foreign to their very creative essence. I frequently quoted the poet John Keat’s observation that beauty is truly the expression of God’s wisdom: ‘Beauty is truth, truth beauty, - that is all/Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.’ When you leave truth, I would them, you are literally forsaking your source, and this will always weaken you. 

I know that my every thought has an impact on all of the organs in my body. Every day I stay in a state of gratitude for the I AM presence that is always with me. I call upon it whenever any discomfort or signs of impending illness begin to surface. I know that my thoughts will either assist me in staying in a place of well-being, or enhance the ability of the disease to immobilize me. Having all my children be fully aware of this innate power to heal and manufacture any needed medicine, without having to obtain a written prescription, was something I wanted them to see firsthand. 

All I wanted for my sons and daughters, and for all of those who read my books and attended my lectures, was to realize that they could always choose a thought that would empower them, as opposed to ones that make them fragile and weak. As my children heard me say so many times, ‘Your life is a product of all of the choices you have made, so choose well.’  

  — Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

This excerpt is pulled from
Don’t Die with Your Music Still in You



No comments:

Post a Comment