Sunday 27 August 2017

Choicemaking

"The quickest way to change your attitude toward pain is to accept the fact that everything that happens to us has been designed for our spiritual growth." -M. Scott Peck

When I was much younger I could work for hours at a time in the garden. As years went by my body would only let me spend an hour or two and then an hour. Now, after a half hour or so, I sit down to rest. I buy fewer plants at a time, knowing that they might not be planted immediately. I have to pace myself. This is true, of course, not just with gardening. Our energy changes as years go by and we have to accept and adjust to the reality of the situation if we are going to be happy and find joy. We can struggle or deny the changes aging brings us, or we can accept the truth and learn to live with it. We always have a choice.

Today I pray to accept my life just as it is, without resistance,but with gratitude for the gift of each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment