Thursday 4 February 2021

Forgiveness

 


"Without forgiveness, life is governed by . . . An endless cycle of resentment and retaliation." - Roberto Assagioli

Much of what I resent in others springs from my unhappiness with myself. I dislike in others what is negative in me: arrogance, pride, narrow-mindedness, snobbery, and dishonesty. As long as I refuse to forgive others, I am not capable of forgiving myself. Part of my denial is reflected in my attitudes toward others. Those character traits I refuse to forgive in others are buried within me. Today I am learning the difference between forgiveness and acceptance. I can forgive other people without accepting their lifestyle. I can forgive myself and still see the need for change. In my forgiveness is the hope for tomorrow.

Creator, help me grow in the forgiveness of self and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment