Monday 26 December 2016

Weekly Reading



I became aware of CoDA through my therapist many years ago. My recovery has revealed the brave, beautiful inner child that is my true self. Words cannot express how meaningful this journey is for me. Here, I share how CoDA and 12 step recovery helps me to see ME.


---------- This little child of mine; 

Crying a deep ache that 

Clenches her being and

Causes her to feel the suffocating

Force of

Rejection 

Loneliness 

Confusion

Shame 



Who are you, little child?

Where are you, little child?

If I could dry the tears from

Your eyes and tell you that

Everything is going to be okay, would 

You believe me?




If I could hold you in my arms and 

Sing you a song, 

Would you listen with your 

Whole heart?



I only want to Love You, little child

I only want to See You, little child

Because what you forgot is,

You are Me and I am You.



I am the little child. 

Sadie - 10/16


No comments:

Post a Comment