Thursday 22 March 2018

Weekly Reading


I did not know what.
I did not know.
I thought I was responsible for everyone and everything.
I thought I was responsible to fix people
And one by one they happily lined up to dump their garbage.
I stood patiently by...next please.
The sadness was as thick as a blanket of snow. And quiet.
Smothered and in darkness.
So I sat alone in total confusion.
I prayed and asked God to show me why.
I believe he did.
He said I was loved. I didn’t have to earn it.
He said it was not my fault.
He showed me how to love that wounded child.
He told me it was not selfish to say “no” to other people’s wants.
And every day I grew stronger. The sun came out the snow melted little by little. And I could breathe for the first time in my life. We all need support and help. Thank God for CoDA. Thank God for my God.

Laurie K. – 3/14/18

No comments:

Post a Comment