Saturday 14 April 2018

Charity


"Must the hunger become anger and anger become fury before anything will be done?" - John Steinbeck

My gratitude stems from the recovery I enjoy. I am happy, joyous, and content. I deal with the daily problems we all face. I am grateful I have a disease from which it is possible to recover. But millions suffer in poverty or with diseases that cannot be arrested by a change in behavior or attitude.What can I do for these people? I can pray for them. I can visit them or comfort their families when the opportunity arises. But more than this, I can give money to any of the various foundations that require public support. I am aware of my need to give. My gratitude must be grounded in the support of practical charities.

God, let the gratitude I feel enable me to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment