Wednesday 31 October 2018

CoDA Weekly Reading



Before CoDA, I felt numb and unable to express my needs, wants, desires and identity in any meaningful way. I hid my expressions to blend in and to keep the peace. In CoDA, I feel a new sense of purpose and emotion which has surprised me and at the same time delighted me. I notice how raw my poetry feels and also how my truth comes from a deep place. Thank you for this gift of expression, higher power, and keep it coming.

My companions alone at night
In the darkness, my only companions are my thoughts
They are black as the night
As sharp as a stiletto
And I so love the pain
of seeing the cracked mirror before me
of being tossed in the waves of turmoil
of craving for release and for ecstasy
of yearning for another to escape this self-loathing
That is the power of my thoughts and my emotions
It is energy that I carry inside of me and it is scary to myself
Now I imagine what would be possible if I could harness this force
If I could birth a new energy
A new me that is just a powerful and just as awesome
A new me that is complete and wanting of nothing
And when wanting of companionship, it is equal and comfortable
Tender and bounded by razor wire of self-love
This energy is unconquerable, unique, me
Creative and free
Not one to be shared
Except for the one who cared
I notice the shift
And now I don't give it thought
If my heart is your goal
You will see the nakedness that is my soul

David N - 9/2/18

No comments:

Post a Comment