Saturday 20 November 2021

Contentment

 


"It's no longer necessary to wait for people or situations to change in order experience peace and harmony." -Byron Katie

How many times have you said, "If only he or she would change or do this or do that for me, then I would be happy"? Or you might think, "If only I felt better or had more energy or more money or had this or that then I would be content." Let's practice today letting all the "if onlys" go. Know that we don't need anything else to be happy. We can be happy in this moment, right now, by simply accepting what is. Once we let go of our "if onlys" we are free to live in this moment, just as it is. This doesn't mean we don't work for goals or want to improve our lives if we can. It means that we don't need our lives to be better for us to be happy. This is how and where we find joy.

I pray today to accept my life as it is, I pray today to accept my life as it is, finding joy in what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment