Wednesday 22 June 2016

Freedom


"Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

Humans are not puppets. Sometimes, when I hear people talk about God and prayer, the implication is that we have no choice and that all action is determined by God alone. A moment's reflection should make me hesitate about such a viewpoint. Murder, rape, child abuse, and prejudice do not stem from God, but result from the misuse of God's gift of freedom. As an addict and alcoholic, I know prayers that are not accompanied by actions are mere words. God's love for all people does not obliterate my need to love myself through choice and decision. I experience sobriety and serenity in my life when Divinity is revealed in my choices.

God, help me appreciate my desire to be a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment