Sunday 12 May 2019

Choices


"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be achieved." - William Jennings Bryan

I create my destiny via the choices I initiate today. In addiction, I was a ship without a sail-drifting through life, tossed in a thousand directions. Today I point myself in the direction I want to go. This attitude does not take anything away from God's power because God gave me freedom in the first place and gave me the gift of decision making. God is not a dictator, and I am not a puppet on a string. God loves me enough to allow me to learn from my mistakes and take personal pride in my achievements. Addiction made me powerless. Sobriety puts me in touch with my God-given power.

Loving Creator, I pray that I might live responsibly one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment