Monday 13 May 2019

Understanding


"Understanding is the reward of faith. Therefore, seek not to understand that thou mayest believe, but believe that thou mayest understand." Saint Augustine

I understand that God is love. It makes more sense to live my life with love than with anger, resentment, or despair. I know the answer to life, with any problems that may arise, is love: not simply loving those people who love me, but beginning to love and understand those who dislike or hate me. Being imperfect people in an imperfect world produces enemies. Today I love my world by listening to my critics, changing unreasonable attitudes, and growing in the humility that comes from silence. Change is part of God's blessing of love.This I believe.This I understand. And, step by step, it is beginning to work in my life.

May my love for the world give me an understanding of self.

No comments:

Post a Comment