Saturday 15 June 2019

Education


Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. -Richard Steele

Reading allows me to enter into a world that I will never experience personally. I may never go to Iraq, sit in on a meeting with the president, or experience the life and times of Shakespeare, but through reading I am able to experience in my mind all the above and more. Reading helps me to see the future and understand the past. Dancing in God is timeless.Today I understand that my connection to the universe is nourished through education. I can know more than I can ever see or touch by the power of the word. On the matter of Jesus's birth, the apostle John wrote, "TheWord became flesh and made his dwelling among us." ( John 1:14) God's creation comes alive through education, and I am gratified. Spiritually I am at peace when I sit before a log fire, book in hand, with a nice glass of milk and a chocolate.

I love and appreciate the gift of literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment