Tuesday 17 December 2019

Change


I dare to listen to my inner voice with a new trust today.- Ruth Fishel

Sometimes a small stirring, an uncomfortable feeling comes into our stomachs and we don't always know what the cause is and we want it to go away. We don't want to hear what it is telling us. Other times a truth yells at us so loudly that we can't avoid hearing it and we know that it is time for change and that scares us, too. We want the feeling that the new knowledge creates to go away also. Even though we know that change will be better in the long run, the idea of change itself is what is most frightening. For too long many of us tried to make those feelings go away with alcohol, food, drugs, sex and other dependencies. Even daring to listen to and begin to trust our inner voice is a new and rare experience for most of us in recovery

I do not need to know anything about this day, beyond this moment. This moment is perfect ... just as it is and I can handle anything in this moment.My Higher Power gives me all the strength I need today to handle whatever comes up in this moment. - Ruth Fishel

No comments:

Post a Comment