Monday 30 December 2019

Difference


"The ways in which we express ourselves spiritually are beautiful and loving, creating unity and oneness." -Rob Eichberg

As a recovering alcoholic, I belong to a minority. As somebody with the disease of addiction, I am aware of my difference. I have experienced prejudice and injustice because I was not born like other people. But in a spiritual sense, acceptance of my disease has given me a freedom that united me with other minorities, other "different" groups-the countless shades of humanity. My disease has produced a spiritual unity and bond with creation that make me rejoice in my difference and engender a tolerance of others that was not there before. In this sense, I thank God for my disease. - Leo Booth

You who made the different also created the unity. Help me find both in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment