Saturday 22 May 2021

God

 


"Any God I ever felt in Church I brought in with me. And I think all the other folks did, too. They come to Church to share God, not find God." Alice Walker

I used to think God was separate, unknowable, and judgmental. I saw God more as a judge than a friend and myself more as a sinner than the son.With such low self-esteem, it was hard to associate God with my life! Then I began to search for the spiritual path to a deeper understanding of self. I found a loving, friendly God whose love is so pervasive I was able to discover the Divine in my life and the lives of others.The concept of meeting together to share God made sense.Discovering a God within made God knowable and comprehensible. Because God lives in me, I am alive.

Loving Creator,may I share Your life in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment