Sunday 13 November 2022

NUGGETS OF WISDOM - 869

 

  • ·       There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all. - Peter Drucker

    ·       The more tranquil a man becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power for good. Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom. - James Allen

    ·       "The 'tree of the knowledge of good and evil' may be a figure of speech, a symbolic designation covering a multitude of human experiences, but the 'tree of life' was not a myth; it was real and for a long time was present on Urantia."

    ·       When you reach the top of the mountain, keep climbing. - Zen proverb

    ·       "Know you not that the mystery of eternal salvation dwells within your own soul? Do you not know that the God of heaven has sent his spirit to live within you...?" – Jesus

    ·       "Knowledge can be had by education, but wisdom, which is indispensable to true culture, can be secured only through experience and by men and women who are innately intelligent." 

    ·       I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better. - Abraham Lincoln

    ·       Thought: Why do we fear love? Because it's uncertain.
    (But we should keep in mind love gives meaning to our lives...)

    ·       "Conscience is not a divine voice speaking to the human soul ... it simply represents the humanly conceived ideal of reaction in any given set of circumstances."

    ·       Although I have a regular work schedule, I take time to go for long walks on the beach so that I can listen to what is going on inside my head. If my work isn’t going well, I lie down in the middle of a workday and gaze at the ceiling while I listen and visualize what goes on in my imagination. - Albert Einstein


No comments:

Post a Comment