Thursday 21 September 2023

NUGGETS OF WISDOM - 978


  • ·       “Develop enough courage so that you can stand up for yourself and then stand up for somebody else. I not only have the right to stand up for myself, but I have the responsibility. I can’t ask somebody else to stand up for me if I won’t stand up for myself. And once you stand up for yourself, you’d be surprised that people say, ‘Can I be of help?'” – Maya Angelou

    ·       “Each of us has that right, that possibility, to invent ourselves daily. If a person does not invent herself, she will be invented. So, to be bodacious enough to invent ourselves is wise.” – Maya Angelou

    ·       “If one has courage, nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” – Maya Angelou

    ·       “I believe that the most important single thing, beyond discipline and creativity, is daring to dare.” – Maya Angelou

    ·       “To develop courage, you have to start developing courage as you do any other muscle. You have to start with small things and build it up.” – Maya Angelou

    ·       “One isn’t necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.” – Maya Angelou

    ·       “Look what you’ve already come through! Don’t deny it. You’ve already come through some things, which are very painful. If you’ve been alive until you’re 35, you have gone through some pain. It cost you something. And you’ve come through it. So at least look at that. And have a sense to look at yourself and say, “Well, wait a minute. I’m stronger than I thought I was.” – Maya Angelou


No comments:

Post a Comment