Wednesday 7 February 2024

NUGGETS OF WISDOM - 1088

 

  • ·       “When life descends into the pit I must become my own candle Willingly burning myself To light up the darkness Around me.” ~ Alice Walker

    ·       “We ate well and cheaply and drank well and cheaply and slept well and warm together and loved each other.” ~ Ernest Hemingway

    ·       “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” ~ Edith Sitwell

    ·       “Always there comes an hour when one is weary of one’s work and devotion to duty, and all one craves for is a loved face, the warmth and wonder of a loving heart.” ~ Albert Camus

    ·       “Your hair is winter fire January embers My heart burns there, too.” ~ Stephen King

    ·       “I don’t want learning, or dignity, or respectability. I want this music, and this dawn, and the warmth of your cheek against mine.” ~ Rumi

    ·       “To be sensual, I think, is to respect and rejoice in the force of life, of life itself, and to be present in all that one does, from the effort of loving to the breaking of bread.” ~ James Baldwin

    ·       “I am not promiscuous with my warmth, but when I share it, my warmth can be as hot as the sun.” ~ Roxane Gay


No comments:

Post a Comment