Wednesday 12 December 2018

Self


"The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 33:4

My spiritual journey involves a discovery of self. For years, I pretended to be what I was not, what I imagined myself to be, or what others wanted me to be. Today I am beginning to know myself. I understand my needs and my strengths. I accept my weaknesses and live with my confusion. From the time I put down the glass, things have progressively gotten better, but there is still a great deal I do not understand.The daily violence and suffering, and my own personal greed, cowardice, and arrogance-where do they come from? I do not know, and that is okay. I still search.My suspicion is that the answer lies within my own insecurities.

In Your time, God,may I grow in my understanding of self.

No comments:

Post a Comment