Wednesday 21 August 2019

Reality


"It is the chiefest point of happiness that humankind is willing to be what it is." - Desiderius Erasmus

I am an alcoholic. Today I am able to love myself because I am able to accept myself. Because I am able to accept myself, I am able to be myself. The acceptance of my disease of alcoholism has taught me that I am not perfect and I do not live in a perfect world.This leads to an acceptance of others. My pain around alcohol has given me an insight into the sufferings of others, and this has produced spiritual growth in me. I am happy not because I am an alcoholic but because I know that I am an alcoholic. Today I can be what I was meant to be, rather than the fake I was becoming.

In the spiritual journey to You is my happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment