Thursday 13 August 2020

Worry

 

"When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which never happened." - Winston Churchill

I can project an incident into a calamity. I can make mountains out of molehills. I can worry myself into the grave. In the past, I worried about what people meant by what they said. I looked for hidden criticism. I worried about what people were thinking or plotting. If I had nothing to worry about, I then worried because I felt I should have something to worry about! Today I have a program that helps me deal with this. Of course I still worry, but I have a checklist that keeps me sane and allows me to laugh at the insanity of my projections. Now the worry in my life is not destructive or negative.

Let me bring my worry to You in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment