Friday 29 July 2022

Patriotism

 


Patriotism . . . applies to true love of one's country and a code of conduct that echoes such love. - Howard Fast

I was born in England, and I love to read about the history of my country. I especially enjoy reading about Sir Winston Churchill and the many speeches that he made. He was a true patriot. Some years ago I became a citizen of the United States. I'm proud to be an American, and today I'm reading about this country and the famous men and women who have contributed to its charter of liberty. Liberty is not only an idea; it is also a code of behavior. If I am to enjoy freedom, then I need to encourage the experience of freedom in others-and not just my fellow citizens.

In my Say Yes to Your Spirit, I realize I'm a patriot of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment