Wednesday 29 November 2023

NUGGETS OF WISDOM - 1021

 

  • ·       “Try me means take a chance on me. Try me means I dare you. Try me means don’t sleep on me. Try me is a threat and a promise at the same damn time.” ~ Elisabet Velasquez

    ·       “This is who I write about and who I write for. For the girls they were, for the girl I was, for girls everywhere who are just like we used to be. For the black and brown girls. For the girls on the merry-go-round making the world spin. For the wild girls and the party girls, the loudmouths and the troublemakers. For the girls who are angry and lost. For the girls who never saw themselves in books. For the girls who love girls, sometimes in secret. For the girls who believe in monsters. For the girls on the edge who are ready to fly. For the ordinary girls. For all the girls who broke my heart. And their mothers. And their daughters. And if I could reach back through time and space to that girl I was, to all my girls, I would tell you to take care, to love each other, fight less, dance dance dance until you’re breathless. And goddamn, girl. Live.” ~ Jaquira Díaz

    ·       "It takes a wise person to handle a lie; a fool had better remain honest." - Norman Douglas

    ·       “Never, even in the Corps of the Finality, will the creature metamorphose so far as to obliterate the personality trends that humans call male and female; always will these two basic variations of humankind continue to intrigue, stimulate, encourage, and assist each other.”

    ·       The greatest freedom is to be free of our own mind. - Osho


No comments:

Post a Comment