Friday 29 June 2018

World

"All wars are civil wars, because all persons are brothers and sisters. . . . Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which one was born." Francois Fenelon

The disease of addiction kept me separate, isolated, and alone. I was so busy seeing how I was different from other people that I missed the similarities. I missed the oneness of creation by always placing myself above it, below it, or outside it; and I was the loser. Even my religion kept me separate. By being Christian, I was not a Jew, Muslim or Hindu. As such, I failed to see the similarities of these major philosophies. I also failed to recognize what all religious people have in common: the inclusiveness of Love, Truth and Forgiveness. God is found in the difference and sameness of all people.

Dear God, I am discovering that differences, when understood, become similarities.

No comments:

Post a Comment