Sunday 24 March 2019

Inquisitiveness


The person who knows how will always have a job. But the person who knows why will be his boss. -Carl C. Wood

As a young man I not only wanted to know how a thing works, I wanted to know why. I not only wanted to know what we believe about God, history, and morality, I also wanted to know why we believe it. Sometimes this inquisitiveness got me into trouble, but it has also led to my security in knowing what I believe and why I believe it. I know that spirituality is different from religion, and I also know why. Spirituality is a more expansive concept. It is more inclusive. It can relate to religion but also refers to the arts. It is poetic: a daily dance in God. In the "why" questions in life, I take responsibility for my destiny.


God is amazing, and I am inquisitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment