Tuesday 19 March 2019

Pride


There is a paradox in pride: It make some ridiculous, but prevents others from becoming so. - Charles Caleb Colton

Pride can be both creative and negative. I have experienced both in my alcoholic life. When I was drinking, pride made me an arrogant fool. I was unrealistic in my demands on myself and others, lost in a fantasy of how I appeared to the outside world. Pride was a mask behind which I hid my feelings. In recovery, I am developing love and respect for myself. I am proud of my achievements and am discovering the "power" God has given me. My program teaches me to cooperate with God if things are going to happen in my life. Today I am proud of my willingness to associae with the God of truth.

God, Let me always treat pride with respect and be mindful of its destructive attribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment