Wednesday 21 September 2022

Humility

 

Never underestimate your power to change yourself; never overestimate your power to change others. - H. Jackson Brown Jr.

In my early Christian years I thought that humility was about sacrificing myself to the needs of others, in some cases allowing them to take advantage of me. Then I discovered that the root meaning of the word "humility" is being of the earth . . . no better than another person but also no worse. Humility breeds a gentle confidence that always affords respect. With this new understanding of humility I'm able to slowly work on myself and, in the words of the Serenity Prayer, "change the things I can." I also understand that there are many things I cannot change, and that includes you! Say Yes to Your Spirit affirms that I'm responsible for changing me.With advice and nurture, you are responsible for changing yourself.

Today I'm able to give you space to create your own dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment