Monday 8 April 2019

Lies


"It takes a wise person to handle a lie; a fool had better remain honest." Norman Douglas

As a drinking alcoholic, I told so many lies to cover the lies I had previously told that I got lost in a maze of untruth!Most of the lies were stupid, irrelevant, and harmless, but they were all aimed at building up my ego.My memory could not keep up with my tongue, and I became guilty, ashamed, and embarrassed. Today I remember there is nothing any lie can give me. There is nothing in the world of fabrication from which I might benefit. I already have everything I need. I have a relationship with God and friends I understand and with whom I can be vulnerable. I do not need to be perfect to be loved.

Help me seek the good life in those things that are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment