Tuesday 8 September 2020

Old Age

 


In youth we learn. In old age we understand. - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

How true that saying is for me. When I was a young man I went to school to learn about God, history, geography, and the arts. I learned about names, dates, and philosophical concepts, but only as I've aged have I begun to understand them. My Say Yes to Your Spirit is about understanding that there are many paths to God, and not all of them are religious. I understand that wars rarely create peace; peace can only come when people respect and accept each other's differences. I also understand that heroes, famousmen and women of history, could only create their achievements with the support of ordinary men and women whose names we will never know.

Today I know less and understand more.

No comments:

Post a Comment