Sunday 13 March 2022

Empathy

 


"If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou

When I was in the presence of my mother, I was always struck by the way she cared for her family, but she also showed empathy with the stranger. My sister is the same.Going shopping with her in the supermarket can take hours because she always finds people to talk with, usually strangers. I'm a little bit the same. I love people. I enjoy speaking at conferences and churches, seeing faces light up with laughter or struggle with a concept they have not heard before. Courage and empathy contribute to the rhythm in life we call love. Say Yes to Your Spirit is essentially about love: love of God, love of self, love of others.

I care because I've been cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment