Friday 25 March 2022

NUGGETS OF WISDOM - 709

 

  • ·       Humility will open more doors than arrogance ever will. - Zig Ziglar

    ·       “Grief is really just love. It’s all the love you want to give, but cannot. All that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and that hollow part of your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go.” ~ Jamie Anderson

    ·       “There are losses that rearrange the world. Deaths that change the way you see everything, grief that tears everything down. Pain that transports you to an entirely different universe, even while everyone else thinks nothing has really changed.” ~ Megan Devine, It’s Ok That You’re Not Ok

    ·       “We don’t know how we will grieve until we grieve. I finally understood why people get tattoos of those they have lost. The need to proclaim not merely the loss but the love, the continuity. I am my father’s daughter. It is an act of resistance and refusal: grief telling you it is over and your heart saying it is not; grief trying to shrink your love to the past and your heart saying it is present. It does not matter whether I want to be changed. I am changed.” ~ Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Notes On Grief

    ·       “I sit with my grief. I mother it. I hold its small, hot hand. I don’t say, shhh. I don’t say, it is okay. I wait until it’s done having feelings. Then we stand and go wash the dishes. We crack open bedroom doors, step over the creaks, and kiss the children. We are sore from this grief, like we’ve returned from a run, like we are training for a marathon. I’m with you all the way, says my grief, whispering, and then we splash our face with water and stretch, one big shadow and one small.” ~ Callista Buchen


No comments:

Post a Comment