Wednesday 30 March 2022

Ignorance

 


"Not ignorance, but ignorance of ignorance, is the death of knowledge." - Alfred North Whitehead

How little I understood when I was living as an alcoholic. How little I wanted to know. Ignorance was bliss in addiction. I had no idea how serious my alcoholism was-how it had developed in all areas of my life, how destructive and negative I had become-until I was made to "see" reality in treatment. Reluctantly, I opened my eyes to recognize my ignorance. I knew I needed to change my attitude if I was to recover. The enemy of the spiritual life is ignorance because it stops me from realizing the strength and healing power of spirituality that has been given by God. All I need do is discover and appreciate it.

I pray for the courage to confront the ignorance in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment