Tuesday 12 April 2022

NUGGETS OF WISDOM - 727

 

  • ·       A deep-rooted strength is the result of a difficult journey. - Karen Gibbs

    ·       God, let me live each day as if it were my last.

    ·       "[The new gospel] was in itself a new standard of moral values, a new ethical yardstick wherewith to measure human conduct. It portrayed the ideal of a resultant new order of human society."

    ·       Show me one person who cares how they act, someone for whom success is less important than the manner in which it is achieved. While out walking, who gives any thought to the act of walking itself? Who pays attention to the process of planning, not just the outcome? - Marcus Aurelius

    ·       "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life."  -Job 33:4

    ·       In Your time, God, may I grow in my understanding of self.

    ·       "The Master made it clear that the morality of his teaching was inseparable from the religion of his living. He taught morality, not from the nature of man, but from the relation of man to God."

    ·       "We work to become, not to acquire." - Elbert Hubbard

    ·       Thank You for the gift of work that enables me to discover more of myself.

    ·       All of humanity’s problems stem from man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone. - Blaise Pascal

    ·       Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books. - John Lubbock


No comments:

Post a Comment