Thursday 26 October 2023

NUGGETS OF WISDOM - 989

 

  • ·       “Romantic Love delivers us into the passionate arms of someone who will ultimately trigger the same frustrations we had with our parents, but for the best possible reason! Doing so brings our childhood wounds to the surface so they can be healed.” ~ Harville Hendrix

    ·       “As a matter of fact I had a terribly traumatic childhood. But afterward, I sort of reraised myself.” ~ Michael Gruber

    ·       Strangers seem uncomfortable when you question them about their childhood. But really, what else are you going to talk about in line at the liquor store? Childhood trauma seems like the natural choice since it’s the reason why most of us are in line there to begin with.” ~ Jenny Lawson

    ·       “At some point people either had to throw off the wounds of their childhood or go through life permanently crippled.” ~ Susan Elizabeth Phillips

    ·       One of the pitfalls of childhood is that one doesn’t have to understand something to feel it. By the time the mind is able to comprehend what has happened, the wounds of the heart are already too deep.” ~ Carlos Ruiz Zafón

    ·       “We cannot have a world where everyone is a victim. ‘I’m this way because my father made me this way. I’m this way because my husband made me this way.’ Yes, we are indeed formed by traumas that happen to us. But you must take charge, you must take over, you are responsible.” ~ Camille Paglia


No comments:

Post a Comment