Thursday 27 February 2020

Ambition


"The indispensable first step to getting the things you want in life is this: decide what you want." Ben Stein

For many years I thought that ambition was a negative emotion, something to avoid. I had confused ambition with arrogance.Today we understand that an arrogant person is somebody who would climb the ladder to success by standing on and crushing the lives of others. Today I understand that ambition is a powerful spiritual attribute that enables achievement. Mother Teresa trusted in God, but she also had ambition. Mahatma Gandhi loved India but also had ambition. Ambition is a necessary step in our dance in God. I want people to respect the religion and culture of other people. I want people to respect the difference that is essential to God's creation. I'm ambitious to get this message across.

My Say Yes to Your Spirit involves ambition.

No comments:

Post a Comment