Sunday 23 February 2020

Values


"The aim of education is the knowledge not of fact, but of values." -William R. Inge

Facts can confuse. They may be used as a facade or manipulated into lies. Facts are no substitute for human values. Today I not only value my life-I value Life itself. When I walk in nature, I observe its beauty, experience its strength, and know I am a part of it all. My values have changed because I see myself as "part of " rather than "separate from." I belong to this planet, and what I do affects the essential value of life. With my respect for self comes a respect for property, people, cultures, and God. What I truly value I do not pay for; what I cherish cannot be won or bought. Spirituality is free. - Leo Booth

Teach me to value the richness of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment