Tuesday 25 February 2020

Hope


I am slowly finding new strength within me as I begin to trust my inner voice. I dare listen and take new risks as I follow my inner path. - Ruth Fishel

Until we have been ready to accept that we had to give up unhealthy addictions and dependencies, recovery was not possible. As long as we had depended on people, places and things to make us feel better, life held no hope. Gradually these people, places and things began to fail us. They no longer made us feel better. In fact, they no longer worked in our lives at all. We were forced to the truth that we had to change. We were brought to our knees in pain. We had to look within or stay miserable.

Genuine beginnings begin within us, even when they are brought to our attention by external opportunities. - William Bridges

No comments:

Post a Comment