Friday 19 June 2020

Perfection


He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone. -Jesus

I'm reminded of a story that is told in recovery circles that says that each time you point a finger at another person, there are three fingers pointing at yourself. Usually I criticize in people what I most dislike in myself. And I've discovered that when you really get to know a person, really understand them, they are usually lovable. When I visit a prison to give a lecture I always leave feeling that "there but for the grace of God, go I." None of us are perfect.And yet,metaphysically, when we understand this, we grow closer to perfection. I've always felt that it is my failings that build a bridge to others, not my achievements. Say Yes to Your Spirit helps us keep this awareness and remain humble. - Leo Booth

In the awareness of my failings, I am made whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment