Sunday 23 January 2022

Growth

 


The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way. -Dale Carnegie

I learn from my mistakes. Often I grow when I begin to look at what I call mistakes and see them differently: see them as opportunities, gifts that lead to awareness. Take alcoholism (please!). For years I saw myself as a flawed human being, weak and impaired.Today I'm able to see that my alcoholism is the gateway to understanding obsessive and compulsive behaviors in all areas (not least religion), and it gives me a powerful connection to other human beings. I'm not glad that I'm alcoholic, but I'm glad I know it. Say Yes to Your Spirit is really about finding our spiritual connection to other human beings and the universe. My awareness ofmy alcoholismoffers such a connection.

In my sobriety I'm dancing in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment